follow your passion and stay true to yourself. never follow someone else's path. you are amazing just the way you are:)

14 April 2011

walking on a straight line.

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves. Without accepting the fact that everything changes, we cannot find perfect composure. Unfortunately, although it is true, it is difficult for me to accept it sometimes. Being on par with reality and the truth of transience can be pretty tough on some occasions, but change is inevitable and I definitely am powerless to defy what He has in store for me, and the people around me. The ones I love, especially.

What can you do with a sentimental heart?

I’ve been feeling rather emotional lately. Partly due to the hectic days ever since the previous week. Other than that, it’s all about life. About how to pull through tough situations with a composed thought and mine and at the same time, trying my best to stay attached to God.

“God is with the broken-hearted. When your heart breaks, it’s a good thing - the breaking of the heart is what opens it up to the light of God.”

I must realize that life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze me, but instead help me discover who I am, remind me of the most fundamental and essential purpose of living, as well as to mould me into a better person, with His will. I frown a little whenever I see people going “FML” even over the littlest things; I believe life is a gift to be cherished, not to be cursed. The Boy constantly tells me to look at things from a brighter perspective, especially when I’m in a predicament. I may not be having the time of my life, but I’m contented with what I have right now. Truly am.

The thing about The Boy that never fails to amaze me is - what I call - his ‘Wise Moments’. Don’t make me wrong, or think that he’s not acting he’s age when he should but, you know how boys will remain as boys and when they utter something wise or when you see them in deep thoughts, it warms your heart, knowing that they’re gradually growing up to become a man. It takes time, I know. Bit by bit, step by step. And I’m not complaining about how childish he can be at times, because growing old is mandatory but growing up is an option. Besides, I annoy him a lot more than he does actually! (Especially when he get all silly and embarrassed.) Haha!

‘Cause I love how you end our night conversation, and you, take me the way I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

jennyameliatah